This week, September 13-19, 2020, is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW). This year especially, National Truckload (which was founded by and is owned by a former truck driver) and its sister company, Logistics Plus, would like to thank the 3.5 million professional men and women that have executed the crucial role of delivering goods during the COVID-19 pandemic. These truck drivers undertake one of our economy’s most demanding and important jobs – delivering our goods safely, securely, and on time. We ask that you please join us this week to celebrate and honor our truck drivers for all of their hard work and dedication.
With the historic COVID-19 pandemic inflicting negative economic conditions on our country, the men and women of the trucking industry have made personal sacrifices and risked exposure to the virus to help fuel our nation’s response. Our drivers have delivered ventilators and other medical equipment to hospitals, distributed cleaning products across the country, and delivered personal protective equipment to businesses in need. Lastly, our truck drivers ensure that food and other necessities remain available to consumers across the country. While it’s impossible to individually recognize each driver, we thank you for your crucial role in keeping our society moving forward during these challenging times.
TRUCKING INDUSTRY FACTS AND FIGURES:
- In 2018, the trucking industry hauled 11.49 billion tons of freight
- More than 80% of U.S. communities depend solely on trucking for delivery of their goods and commodities
- In 2018, the trucking industry was a $796.7 billion industry
- There are 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S. and the total industry employment is 7.8 million
- Over 40% of all jobs in the trucking industry are held by women and minorities
To learn more about National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, visit the America Trucking Association (ATA) website here: www.trucking.org/NTDAW-2020